Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, we have implemented protocols in order to protect our patients, staff and visitors to the practice.
At this time, in the general community setting the government have relaxed the restrictions previously imposed but in Healthcare settings there are different and more comprehensive guidelines that we are still obliged to continue to follow in order to keep everyone as safe as possible when visiting the practice. Our protocols followed until now have allowed us to maintain a safe environment for us all since we reopened to provide face to face appointments on 8th June 2020.
As we now transition towards normal practice, we have modified our protocols to reflect the latest official guidelines, continuing to provide a safe environment for your care. We have reopened the patient lounge and have reintroduced the self-check in screen in the entrance hallway. When arriving at the practice for an appointment we would encourage patients to self-check in. This streamlines the reception process and helps to avoid delays with appointments.
Once checked in on arrival, please feel free to either wait in the lounge, or if you would prefer, outside at the front of the building.
Our appointment diaries continue to be very busy dealing with the backlog of care caused by the pandemic, and so we would ask patients to try to avoid late cancellations or non-attendance for scheduled appointments, so that surgery time is not wasted that could otherwise have been offered to other patients also seeking urgent care.
Please help us when attending for an appointment by following the current IPC guidelines set by the government for general dental practice, which are summarised below:
- Please complete the separately emailed Covid-19 questionnaire in advance of your attendance
- Try to attend alone where possible, to limit the number of people inside the building at any given time. (A parent/adult with a child patient would be fine)
- Please attend on time, as late arrival may require the appointment to be rescheduled to another date
- Please maintain social distancing of at least 1 metre wherever possible when attending the practice
- A mask or face covering should continue to be worn at all times when in public areas of the practice
Thank you for your cooperation as we endeavour to continue to provide you with a first class dental service that is safe for you, members of staff and others visiting the practice.
With Kind Regards,
The Dental Team
West London Dental Centres