IMPORTANT NOTICE TO OUR PATIENTS
Our practice is proud to have supported our patients throughout the entire Covid-19 pandemic, including providing advice remotely during lockdown and electronic prescriptions where appropriate.
We reopened for face-to-face appointments on 8th June 2020 in accordance with the guidance given to all practices by the Chief Dental Officer for England- which was to resume dental services in a 4-phased approach, prioritising those cases in most urgent need first followed by more comprehensive procedures as necessary, and then finally more routine dental care.
The practice has now reached phase 4, and we are very pleased to tell you that we are now providing the full range of treatments for all our patients. (We will still nevertheless prioritise those cases in urgent need).
There are strict protocols in place to ensure that your visit will be undertaken in a safe environment to protect both patients and the dental team. We have the necessary enhanced PPE and all of our clinical team have been trained to be able to comply with the latest requirements set out by the government. Unfortunately these protocols do mean that we are physically unable to see as many patients daily as before, and so your patience in this respect would be appreciated. Please give at least 2 working days’ notice if you are unable to attend for a scheduled appointment so that this time may be offered to another patient.
The pandemic is not over yet, and it is possible that our arrangements may need to change to enable a continued service should the government introduce any local restrictions. To reduce the risk of further community transmission, please continue to follow the NHS guidelines, in particular:
• Keep your social distance
• Wear a mask as much as possible- and remember to cover both the mouth AND nose
• Wash your hands as often as possible
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
COVID-19 Update 31st August 2020
What you can expect when you visit us:
1. Please brush your teeth before attending.
2. Please use a toilet before your visit to us, as our toilet facilities will be temporarily unavailable to avoid potential contamination
3. Please attend alone wherever possible to reduce the number of people inside the building at any tone time.
4. Please do not bring buggies or large items into the building
5. Please attend on time. You will be asked to wait outside if you are early. If you are late you may be asked to reschedule. As Autumn approaches and the weather changes, this will become important to avoid uncomfortable waiting outside.
6. Please maintain social distancing at all times where possible.
7. When the nurse invites you to enter the building, please ensure that you are wearing a mask. Your temperature will be taken using an infra-red thermometer and some Covid-related questions will be asked.
8.You will then be asked to use the sanitizing hand gel provided.
9. Any belongings that you bring will placed in a plastic bag. You should keep everything inside this bag until you have left the premises.
10. You will then be directed to your dentist’s or hygienist’s surgery. Please keep your mask on until asked to remove it by your dentist.
11. When your appointment is over, you will be asked to go straight to reception. Please put your mask back on.
12. Payment can only be made by card/contactless. We are currently unable to accept cash/cheques. We would recommend that patients pay in advance by telephone.
13. You will then be asked to leave via the clearly demarcated side exit. Please dispose of your bag/ disposable mask responsibly
PLEASE INFORM US IF YOU DEVELOP ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 WITHIN 14 DAYS OF YOUR VISIT.